Which tile would you eliminate? (A shameless rip-off thread)
I've made a pointed effort never to use invisible walls. All it takes is remembering how much you hate STRIPES? or DISAPPEARING ACT to agree with me. Of course, this is the boring viewpoint, but someone should stand up for it.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I used invisible walls that chip could actually reach twice ever, both for aesthetic reasons, and I kind of regret it.
I don't mind them in any Vanishing Act-type level, nor in something like Vague Dream. Other than that, I like to see where I'm going.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I don't mind invisible walls that block access to a tempting path, but I deplore mazes of the things.
Quote:<div style="margin-left:1px;">I've made a pointed effort never to use invisible walls.

Would that all level designers be as benevolent as you!
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Sort of the same over here.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I dream of a world in which all levels with invisible walls are excluded from consideration for official CC level packs.

(Ok, maybe not that extreme...but I have yet to see a single decent use of 'em.)
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:(Ok, maybe not that extreme...but I have yet to see a single decent use of 'em.)

JoshL2; Level 81 - Invisible Sokoban
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Really? Vanishing Act isn't fair?
My YouTube Channel
Not sure if it's "fair" or not, but it's certainly unpleasant.