UPDATED: "Native" MSCC on 64-bit Windows
Quote:On 2018-08-12 at 9:49 AM, Flareon350 said:

I did all those steps bit by bit and it still does not work for me. This is very frustrating I really don't know what I'm doing wrong here.

Is the "obvious spots" to paste the path the MappedExeName? Because that's where I pasted them.

Easiest way to get the path right: look at where the file "otvdmw.exe" ended up after you extracted everything.

So, if "otvdmw.exe" sits under "C:\WineVDM" for example, both lines should read like this exactly:

Code:
"MappedExeName"="C:\\WineVDM\\otvdmw.exe"

Though I find it strange that you just say it doesn't work, instead of posting the error message (it's virtually guaranteed there is one). Please do so if you still have problems after this.
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
Okay that's what I had wrong! I didn't realize otvdm.exe was part of the path name. It works now! Slight smile

Thank you for your help, it's very appreciated.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Wow, I need to check this out. Maybe I can sell my old laptop after all. Tongue
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Wow it works... This is awesome! I wonder how long this has been around... I had search for something like this multiple times I thought a while ago, so I wonder if this is relatively new... thanks Andrew! I will for sure have to add this to my list of ways to play CC on 64-bit machines, definitely near the top of the list.Smiley

edit - OK I found a few quirks so far... the High Scores window only shows you level 1, and it doesn't remember which level you left off at. Slight frown
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Wouldn't it just be easier to use a virtual machine?

I use and would recommend Oracle VM
This is far easier to set up than a virtual machine, from experience on both.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Exactly. I've been reluctant to try setting up a VM, but I'm definitely going to give this a shot, for several of my favorite 16-bit games, once I have some time.

As it seems to be based on Wine, it probably also consumes far fewer resources than a VM.
It really works on my 64-bit computer! One question though, is there a way to turn the music on? Do I have to copy the audio files somewhere? I can't seem to get it working although I've already set it on in Options menu.

Anyway, this is definitely an awesome program you found there, thank you very much for sharing!
Reynaldi Judianto Angry Unamused Fail
Quote:On 9/19/2018 at 11:10 AM, Reynaldi said:

One question though, is there a way to turn the music on? Do I have to copy the audio files somewhere?

All of the files that come with MSCC should be in a single folder (i.e. the same one CHIPS.EXE is in).
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
Quote:12 minutes ago, andyrkki said:

All of the files that come with MSCC should be in a single folder (i.e. the same one CHIPS.EXE is in).

All audio files are already in the same folder as CHIPS.EXE, but for some reason no sound is coming out. Moreover, if I enable "Background Music", it will display the warning message of "None of the MIDI files specified in entpack.ini were found".
Reynaldi Judianto Angry Unamused Fail