How can I start playing this game?
My biggest problem is I can only see a 10x10 area at a time if I want to be able to select anything with any degree of accuracy. 2x doesn't fit on my monitor but shows something like 28x28, and that would go a long way towards usability for me.

There are other minor annoyances I have with the editor, but that's the big one. I can get past the rest, but making even one expansive level (25x25, still smaller than CC1 levels!) was arduous.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:My biggest problem is I can only see a 10x10 area at a time if I want to be able to select anything with any degree of accuracy. 2x doesn't fit on my monitor but shows something like 28x28, and that would go a long way towards usability for me.

There are other minor annoyances I have with the editor, but that's the big one. I can get past the rest, but making even one expansive level (25x25, still smaller than CC1 levels!) was arduous.

Pretty much all of this for me as well. On top of that, the editor isn't exactly efficient and has a number of issues in terms of glitching - such as crashing randomly, black spots can sometimes cover the entire editing area if a window is opened above the program, etc. There's even a few glitch tiles that can be clicked on, which I don't think should be a thing at all! Not to mention the way of assembling a level set is pretty unnecessarily tedious.

I know someone made a program that somewhat fixes that issue but I still feel the editor is very lackluster and annoying to use. It's been clear that majority of others feel the same way about it. I would rather hold off on the game and designing levels until that new editor is finished.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:I would rather hold off on the game and designing levels until that new editor is finished.

It's coming. Slight smile

And I pretty much agree with everything said above concerning CC2's built-in editor. The new editor should hopefully do away with all of those issues.
There's an option to force 2x, which is what i use. My screen is slightly too short, resulting in the bottom scroll bar being out of reach, but i can get around that with my computer's multi-touch capabilities. (The arrow keys work, too.)

I've encountered the black spots issue too. Entering and exiting playtest gets rid of most of it for me, but i don't know how effective that is on 1x.

Quote:There's even a few glitch tiles that can be clicked on, which I don't think should be a thing at all!

I don't see why that would be a reason for you to not use the editor. It's not like they get in the way when you're trying to click something else.

Something that does bother me that hasn't been mentioned here is that selecting a tile and moving the mouse to the editing window to place it sometimes results in a click-and-drag. The damage is usually fixable (still annoying though), but sometimes it isn't because the undo button can glitch and stop working for reasons unknown to me, and that has resulted in loss of progress on at least one occasion.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:I don't see why that would be a reason for you to not use the editor. It's not like they get in the way when you're trying to click something else.

I never said it was? My reasons for not using it have already been explained and that was not one of them. I was merely stating that is one of many issues with the editor and that I don't like the fact it exists.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
what glitch tiles? Flushed

btw, I wonder if anyone is aware of using the < > keys to rotate tiles or letter keys to change the letter tiles. I figured this out on my own, only after a long time. Unamused Some better documentation would be nice.

Also I have to say the program someone made to put together a levelpack-- I can't get it to work at all, either I don't understand something or it's broken because when using it, it seemed to me to save no time or work than doing it the original way. Raised eyebrow
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:btw, I wonder if anyone is aware of using the < > keys to rotate tiles or letter keys to change the letter tiles. I figured this out on my own, only after a long time. Unamused Some better documentation would be nice.

I was aware of the rotate function (forget how I found it). Didn't know about using the letter keys; that's quite a time-saver! Smiley
Quote:what glitch tiles? Flushed

Also I have to say the program someone made to put together a levelpack-- I can't get it to work at all, either I don't understand something or it's broken because when using it, it seemed to me to save no time or work than doing it the original way. Raised eyebrow
I fixed lots of issues with my c2g maker. You can find it here as a download link:

http://cc2help.wikia.com/wiki/Chips_Chal..._Set_Maker

I hope it is easier for you now.

As for the glitch tiles, here is my documentation on them:

http://cc2help.wikia.com/wiki/Random_Tile