February 2016 Create Competition - Walls of CCLP3
Does the title of the thread give it away? If not, then this will:

Your task is to pick a level from CCLP3 and use its arrangement of walls to create a new level. You can pick any level from the range #1-#149, then delete anything you want except for any walls, and finally rebuild it into a new level. If you wish, you can also pick another prominent tile in the level and replace it with some other tile exactly.

We continue our fun series that was started two years ago. As was the case before, by 'walls' I specifically mean the normal wall tile, but you can choose to keep other walls intact too, particularly in levels where the walls mainly aren't the basic ones. You may add new walls, but I would rather you didn't. I will judge the submissions myself during of March 2016. I enjoy it when the new level takes the existing wall configuration and does something different with it than the original. For example, that is probably easier to do if you don't use a level that doesn't have many walls. There are many interesting levels to choose from, so I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Notes:

-Submissions are open through March 6th
where you live!

-Do not make a overly difficult level. A moderate difficulty is fine but then it would be nice if it wasn't too long.
-The level must be solvable, but does not need to work in both MS and Lynx. You may even use invalid tiles if you wish.
-The level must be new; it must not have been released earlier. Don't share the level before the competition is over.
-Please give the level a new name, time limit and set a new password. Don't forget!

-You may submit more than one entry, but please keep the levels distinct from each other. Your best two entries is recommended.
-Points may be deducted for late entries, but will be accepted until I judge the levels.

-Entrants receive the normal prizes: the "You're Winner!"-award, Chip Cup points, and "Tool Box"-award for first time entrants.
-Please ask about other unclear situations. You may also check the previous competitions if similar situations were already discussed.

Email and attach your submissions to valeosote at hotmail dot com. I will strive to reply with a confirmation that I have received your entry. I prefer if you use your username and this competition in the subject. Keep it short and simple, something like: "February Create - Jude"

Everyone is welcome to join! Slight smile

-Miika
YES I WAS SO HOPING FOR THIS!!! Chip Win Chip Win Chip Win

Such a great competition type! I love these!
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
...I had a create competition in mind for this month. I was waiting till the January one was close to ending. But I guess it can wait till March now.J

Edit: Just for the record, it was going to be the first CC2 create competition.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:-The level must be new; it must not have been released earlier. Don't share the level before the competition is over.
This is a little inconvenient when combined with the CCLP4 submission deadline, just because it means levels made for this create wouldn't be allowed to be submitted for CCLP4 without disqualifying from here. I don't think ideas for how to use specific walls will have too much of an impact on the designs anyway- I think Walls of CCLP2 only had 1 or 2 walls with multiple levels made (Switch Hit comes to mind immediately, and False Cavern/Chilled to the Bone were very different from the same starting point).
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:This is a little inconvenient when combined with the CCLP4 submission deadline, just because it means levels made for this create wouldn't be allowed to be submitted for CCLP4 without disqualifying from here. I don't think ideas for how to use specific walls will have too much of an impact on the designs anyway- I think Walls of CCLP2 only had 1 or 2 walls with multiple levels made (Switch Hit comes to mind immediately, and False Cavern/Chilled to the Bone were very different from the same starting point).

Seconded.

On a more personal standpoint, I also don't think it's particularly fair. I really don't want to wait a whole other month to update my set (which would be JoshL6) just because I'd have one level from this competition to include with it. I've already done so with December's create as well as January's and doing so for a third month in a row is just unnecessary in my opinion.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Here's a template set. Slight smile

Unlike last time, i tried to leave at least something in each level: if a level had few wall tiles, i left in the most-used wall-acting tile, or just some prominent feature (e.g. force floors in Jaywalking, various acting walls in Color Wheel).
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Sure, let's drop the 'don't release' clause for this month so people can submit those levels for CCLP4.

Josh, great to hear you plan to host the next one! A CC2 comp sounds fun! Sorry I didn't realize you might do that already this month, as I was attached to the idea of continuing this series in February like the last two years.

EDIT:
You even mention it in the Chip Cup 2016 thread. Totally my bad, and this comp could've waited till next month. At least this way you can submit your creations to CCLP4 Slight smile

Thanks random 8 for your work! It's nice to see the choices easily like this!
Quote:Sure, let's drop the 'don't release' clause for this month so people can submit those levels for CCLP4.

Josh, great to hear you plan to host the next one! A CC2 comp sounds fun! Sorry I didn't realize you might do that already this month, as I was attached to the idea of continuing this series in February like the last two years.

EDIT:
You even mention it in the Chip Cup 2016 thread. Totally my bad, and this comp could've waited till next month. At least this way you can submit your creations to CCLP4 Slight smile

Thanks for removing that restriction! And it's no problem, it gives me a whole month to rethink the theme I had and possibly mix it up a bit Slight smile Working on level(s) for this competition as we speak!

I also haven't noticed the "Walls of" theme was recurring in February so it makes total sense now. I'm expecting Feb. 2017 to be a Walls of CCLP1 competition Tongue
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Just sent in my submissions- the level I'm happiest with used a set of walls I highly doubt anyone else will be using, as the original really doesn't look like it can do very much.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Okay my submissions have been sent as well. Two entries, one of which took nearly four days to build. Hoping all that work will pay off but they were a ton of fun to make. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects