The time has come! (CCLP4 levelset submissions officially open!)
Quote:CCLP4 will be a CC1 set, played through Tile World. At this time, we have no plans to convert it to CC2 rules.
Not too sure if you understood what I meant of using the CC1 game not CC2, I think you got that but just making sure. Any ways I'll likely start porting the levels once the converter comes out so those who want to us the CC1 Steam game can. K?
The Steam version of CC1 is the same engine as CC2. There are no official plans currently to port to the CC2 engine, though this may change farther down the construction process as we are still in the submission phase- voting on levels, let alone constructing the set is still a ways away.

A converter already exists and can be found here: http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/473-dat2c2g/

There are other subtle differences than exist in the link you gave, such as blocks on blue walls can't be pushed off of them and recessed walls pop up when stepped off, not when stepped on.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:Not too sure if you understood what I meant of using the CC1 game not CC2, I think you got that but just making sure. Any ways I'll likely start porting the levels once the converter comes out so those who want to us the CC1 Steam game can. K?

I understood clearly what you meant but I'm believing you're not understanding us. We don't plan on porting CCLP4 to CC2 right now, and we don't know if we even will as we have not discussed this.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:I understood clearly what you meant but I'm believing you're not understanding us. We don't plan on porting CCLP4 to CC2 right now, and we don't know if we even will as we have not discussed this.
Yeah I did misunderstand you, sorry about that any ways once the pack is out I plan to start converting it to the C2M style and fixing any errors. Maybe if it does become one of your plans we can work together on it for now I'll just do some minor testing for the levels.
Quote:any ways once the pack is out I plan to start converting it to the C2M style and fixing any errors. Maybe if it does become one of your plans we can work together on it for now I'll just do some minor testing for the levels.

Please don't do that. We as a staff will decide if we want to port CCLP4 to CC2 and if we decide to do so, we will announce that when the time comes.

As for being on staff, we have enough members of staff for the time being and have plenty of testers. Like ihavenoname stated, there aren't many more levels to test right now and we are pretty much testing what is left. We apprecaite your interest in being on staff though Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Alright I'm going to be as straightforward as possible here (and while I was typing this, Flareon said a lot of the same things).

1. We have enough members on the staff already: 4 testers were enough for the last set with more submitted levels, and we 4 dedicated testers + everyone else (another 5 people) are also testing + many of the submitted levels have already been thoroughly tested. You are perfectly welcome to submit your own levels for consideration, though bear in mind that submitting levels does not mean any will be represented in the final set (if they don't do well enough in the community voting, which leads to...)

2. Once voting starts in 2016, you're perfectly welcome to play the levels and rate them to assist the staff in determining which levels will make the cut for CCLP4: there's roughly 2500 eligible levels submitted at the moment which will need to be trimmed down to 149 of the best, with variety.

3. As much as I'd like to say there won't be any errors, there probably will be some minor design flaws that slip through allowing certain puzzles to be circumvented. This is normal and a part of the set, though each set has had less busts than the prior, even CCLP1 had around 10 ranging from small tricks to ways to skip the entire level. These were not fixed after the set was released, but busts caught between voting and release were.

4. If you meant errors as in the levels won't work in the CC2 engine, those aren't errors. Those are incompatibilities and we aren't concerned with those, as Flareon said, since we aren't sure we'll be porting to CC2.

4.5 If we do port to CC2, we'd like it to be an 'official' adaptation akin to CCLXP2, preferably with the original designers of each level porting their own, or at least having the final say in the ported level. This...can't really be done if there's an unofficial 'bootleg' port floating around.
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

K thanks everyone, I guess I'll be going now. See you around the forums and I'll post some levels for the set. Bye now.

Wait one last thing, does anyone know how to use Tile World 2 to playtest with ChipEdit because it crashes for me (64 bit Windows 10)
Personally, I use CCEdit 2 and Tile World 1.3 for designing & testing within the editor. More features than ChipEdit (including an undo button!) and IIRC ChipEdit can only test with MSCC.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Quote:Personally, I use CCEdit 2 and Tile World 1.3 for designing & testing within the editor. More features than ChipEdit (including an undo button!) and IIRC ChipEdit can only test with MSCC.
K thanks, and I'm so stupid I meant CCEdit just I was using ChipEdit to mess around with the glitch tiles like 00Floor. Thanks!
Quote:Edit: Not very many differences for any who are wondering where I'm getting this from, it's here: http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/soft...comp2.html

Actually there are a lot more differences. I need to collect the information shared by everyone else and update that page.