Poll: What future for official CC sets would you find most ideal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Make CCLP4 for CC1, then make CC2LP1 a different set for CC2.
66.67%
22 66.67%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, without the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
0%
0 0%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, with the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Forget about CCLP4 and move on with CC2LP1 instead.
18.18%
6 18.18%
Other (elaborate in the thread)
6.06%
2 6.06%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets?
A confession: I didn't play many CC2 levels beyond the official set (I hope to change this though). I have been away from the community for a year, and before that I was playing the CCLP4 voting packs instead. I tried a few sets, but I didn't really make it very far in most of them. The only exception was CC2-Rejects, and...well...it's easy to see why some of them were rejected. There are still some really good ones that should have been in the main set, though.

So there are probably more good levels than I think.

Quote:18 hours ago, jblewis said:

Some of the elements were barely used in the stock game's main campaign, which is a shame.

I know, right? *cough* speed boots *cough*

However, it would probably be a good idea to wait, at least a little, I think, so those who took down their sets while they work on them, would have the opportunity to put them back up Wink
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:On 1/8/2018 at 6:04 PM, Flareon350 said:

I don't know how I feel about CC2 being the "new standard" for the community. CC1 is still and always will be a part of Chip's Challenge, just as much as CC2 will be. And while porting CC1 levels to CC2 is a nice option to have, I don't think it should be necessary or expected of designers to do, just because CC2 is the focus. I'm sure there are some of us (like me) who wish not to port anything new to CC2, as a means to start over a new leaf in design. Slight smile

A veteran CC1 pack would be nice, though not many people design truly difficult levels these days due to the somewhat expected factor of solving on the first try... (I know I'm not alone on this either.) Ending the traditional 149 level CC1 sets seems kind of harsh and honestly unnecessary in my opinion, so I can't say I'm on board with that. I also think official MS-only sets aren't needed either as Lynx has become more mainstream since CCLP3, and I feel like a MS-only set would only be targeted to a very specific audience anyway.

I think I understand where you're coming from; but I do not see CC2 as a "new standard", or even really a different game. I see it as "CC1 with more elements". From my perspective, we would not be ditching CC1 community sets; we would simply be expanding on what's possible in such sets.

It's still Chip's Challenge, regardless of the number after the name. Slight smile
Quote:1 hour ago, The Architect said:

I think I understand where you're coming from; but I do not see CC2 as a "new standard", or even really a different game. I see it as "CC1 with more elements". From my perspective, we would not be ditching CC1 community sets; we would simply be expanding on what's possible in such sets.

It's still Chip's Challenge, regardless of the number after the name. Slight smile

I consider CC1 to be the main tradition of the community and I find CC2 to be a grand long-awaited sequel for a masterpiece from 1989.
I would like to see an official level pack for CC2.
I'm going to bump this thread again because I think it's the best place for it, and the idea spawned from re-reading this thread.

With CCLP4 having been out for more than 7 months and the CC2 editor starting to get rolling, CC2 community packs are on the way, but still probably most of the year out for really getting started. It's a valid concern that CC2 is being neglected here, but that doesn't need to be the case. After all, a CC2 port of CCLP4 and CCLP1 was tossed around a decent bit 2.5 years ago, but nothing concrete or semi-official was done for this. So tonight, I assembled a spreadsheet and google drive (linked at the bottom of this post) specifically meant for trying to make one or both of these ports a reality. CC2 Steam workshop support is coming which will make sharing CC2 levels with the wider community easier than ever, perhaps even easier than sharing CC1 levels ever was. The community should support this, and what better way to do so than by re-releasing some of the best content the community has created over the years? What better starting sets could there be on the Steam workshop than the community packs that have had years of collaborative effort go into them? What better introduction to the world of fanmade content could there possibly be for those just finding custom levels through the workshop for the first time?

Ideally, the original designers would port their own levels with some feedback/small tweaks when edits were made for compatibility, with the set staff stepping in as a backup in case the original designer is inactive or lacks CC2. Let's make this project a success- the devs are showing support for the community. Let's show some support back.

CCLPn ports to CC2: https://goo.gl/iXPE6i

Google Drive: https://goo.gl/L6caZb

There is also discussion for this taking place on the Discord server.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
I like the idea - though I'd personally prefer to see a single set with the best of the four CCLPs (perhaps with 200 levels?) then all four sets.
Sounds like that's something you should do personally then Wink since a lot of us have different opinions on what's the "best" levels in the CCLPs. I don't think we need to create that sort of bias to the community (and especially make it official) with a project like this.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I would support the idea of porting the various official CC sets to CC2 Slight smile Starting with CCLP4, probably, but also CCLP1 and CCLP3. CCL(X)P2 might be rather complicated, since some of the "invalid" tiles in the original version are no longer invalid in CC2.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.