Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread
I'm working on my first custom CC2 set and as of this post, the set name is still up for debate but for now, that is what I'm going with.

As for the levels I'm making, I'm still discovering my designing style for this game because it is very different compared to CC1's. That and the editor is somewhat tedious to use due to the small window given.

Now onto what this topic is kind of for - I need help and/or suggestions for level titles because I'm awful at them and think way too hard for some of them. Credit will be given to those who suggest names for levels.

Here's a couple previews to what I've made so far, featuring titles I will not use:

[Image: hdRR5Yu.png]

[Image: vOv4VHR.png]

Feedback on levels is also welcome!
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
For NUTS AND BOLTS style levels with lots of puzzles and no obvious theme I'm personally a fan of using random word generators online such as this one to come up with non-specific level titles. If there is a sort of theme I do the same thing but use the thesaurus to come up with words that go with that theme.

They look awesome, can't wait to play when they're uploaded.
My CC1 custom levelset, JoshuaBoneLP.dat
My 'Walls of CC1' custom levelset for CC2, JBoneWOCC.zip, containing levels based on the first 28 levels of CC1.
My CC2 misfit levels, JBoneMisfits.zip, containing 4 levels that didn't fit anywhere else.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Public Apology: I'm very, very sorry about HAUNTED CASTLE, ANTARCTICA, and the endings on VENICE and THINKTANK.
http://chipschallenge.wikia.com/wiki/Level_title_bank
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:http://chipschallenge.wikia.com/wiki/Level_title_bank

I've used this a lot in the past, however, I don't like using the level title bank anymore because most of the titles there don't go with the levels I make Tongue maybe if more were added...
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Nice, I'm looking forward to trying it Tongue

As for names, number 1: Doored Stiff

Number 2: Tricks & Trade

What does that R-R symbol mean now again?
My levelset: https://forum.bitbusters.club/thread-1491.html
Any feedback is much appreciated! Slight smile
Quote:What does that R-R symbol mean now again?
It allows the player to walk on Train Tracks. Tongue
Quote:Nice, I'm looking forward to trying it Tongue

As for names, number 1: Doored Stiff

Number 2: Tricks & Trade

Thanks for the names I'll definitely use them Slight smile I especially like that second one
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/487-flareon1/

Just released this set as 15 levels. If you wish to leave your feedback/review of the levels, please post them here!
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Eastbound is pretty badly busted: in the dynamite/yellow key room instead of having to blow up yellow key you can just use a single dynamite to blow up the "no yellow key" sign and carry 3 dynamites into the remainder of the level, in addition to the yellow key. The dynamite acts as a free puzzle skip on any of the next rooms.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Thanks for uploading! I had a blast playing through these. Favorites were CASPER (!!!) and ECTOPLASM. Here's my feedback Slight smile

Flareon1
01 POISON BACKYARD
I had a laughably difficult time with this one. I like that it’s small and linear but is still plenty tough to follow just looking at it.

02 GREEN APPLE HARVEST
Not bad but I was glad to be done.

03 BLOCK TUG
Fun and easy, ending is nice and tougher than the actual level.

04 MINIONS
Love it! I beat it normally the first time but it’s also possible to bust it by spamming the pink button enough that four pink balls permanently cover the FF and fireball buttons while more pink balls bounce back and forth over the doppelgänger cloner. The dozen or so fireballs quickly die in the water and then you get a never-ending supply of doppelgängers. I beat it this way and had even more fun than the first way so there’s that Wink.

05 TEMPLE BYPASS
Really a very fun level. Interesting how (I think) a block slap is required to solve the starting puzzle due to the red key. Bonus room is busted: leave the fire boots on the fire before the thief and collect them after opening the yellow door, no ice skates required. I like how the ghost gets trapped if you foil the walls at the end in the wrong order, definitely cooked the level that way due to inattention.

06 CLOCK EXPERIMENT
So I had PLENTY of time on this one. First time through there the logic clock showed 741 out of 1000 when I got to the exit room. I’m pretty sure if the time limit ran out you’d still have 200 ticks left on the logic clock, so it’s really not doing anything in this level that I can see other than making the player feel a vague sense of urgency. Also, since it’s placed right before to the exit, even if it did run out it’s only acting as an alternate time limit, right? I love the idea of using logic clocks in a level, but what about using it to block off access to a bonus room like in PIGEON HOLES or the CRAZY levels?

The room with the blue thief/yellow key/green teleport is busted because you still have the suction boots in that area, so you just walk up and collect the key, no bribe required.

The first 3 block puzzles are a lot of fun. The last with the yellow tank and ice blocks is mildly busted, you don’t need the second ice block as you can just maneuver the yellow tank up to the 2nd bomb on the ice.

07 MARINE SCIENCE MUSEUM
Very fun! 4 excellent puzzles, my favorite was the fireball/iceblock puzzle at lower left.

08 TRICKS AND TRADE
Very fun to play. Thanks for giving me the chance to go back on the FF at the end to collect chips that were missed the first time. All of the puzzles felt pretty easy and very forgiving.

09 EASTBOUND
Great level with plenty of fun puzzles. However, in the room with the 4 TNTs and all the yellow keys, you can collect all the keys, blow up the no-yellow-key tile, and use the other TNTs to either rescue your tools in the previous room blow your way through the next three rooms, either of which yield some entertaining busts.

10 WITHERED SAVANNA
I love the look of the environment here. All the puzzles and dodging were fun, however, I busted the last room. Didn’t use the red key/green key/blue tank for anything, just used the bowling ball to plow through the dirt south of the exit.

11 DISCOVERY BAY
Awesome level! Favorite so far. I wanted to find a bust with those bowling balls so badly but the level is extremely linear, which is amazing for being as open as it is. Really satisfying sense of exploration!

12 CASPER
Wow, this just became one of my favorite CC2 levels! Well done, I think it’s a real masterpiece. Only thing I’d recommend is upping the time limit to 250 or 300 since it really takes a while to figure out, I ran out of time twice just because I was still puzzling on what to do next.

13 DIMENSIONAL DELETION
Time limit was a little tight on this one. I guess it’s intended but while the concept is nice one time through, it’s not the most fun to replay just because of the constant back-and-forth motion on the tank button.

14 ECTOPLASM
Wow, these were some crazy puzzles! Very tricky and all fair even though it didn’t feel like it at the time for a couple. Love it.

15 CONSERVATION OF KEYS
I was afraid this was going to be horribly difficult, but turns out the strategy is really simple and it’s totally fun to play!
My CC1 custom levelset, JoshuaBoneLP.dat
My 'Walls of CC1' custom levelset for CC2, JBoneWOCC.zip, containing levels based on the first 28 levels of CC1.
My CC2 misfit levels, JBoneMisfits.zip, containing 4 levels that didn't fit anywhere else.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Public Apology: I'm very, very sorry about HAUNTED CASTLE, ANTARCTICA, and the endings on VENICE and THINKTANK.