A Compilation of Entertaining Hints
After having a Skype conversation with Josh, I thought of making a top ten list for the greatest hints in my level sets. I compiled a lot of ones that were at least mildly entertaining, but there was no way I'd be able to narrow them down to ten, so here are all of them. This list also shows how ridiculous I was when designing TCCLP as a 12-year-old.
  • ... Only if you don't slaughter him or his farm animal associates until their time comes! (TS0, level 9, You Can Lead a Horse to Water)
  • Red with a twist. Orange of the fire. Green of tourmaline. And mellow yellow hello, hello. (TS0, level 14, Colors for Extreme)
  • WORM BAGGED!! (... all blue walls are real) (TS0, level 19, Toxic Caves)
  • That's not really the exit. You aren't really Chip McCallahan. This is all a dream. (TS0, level 34, Repugnant Nonsense)
  • The mall is expensive, but you have to impress Melinda! Steal everything from the mall then hide in the maintenence room. (TS0, level 35, Rob the Mall)
  • Everybody dies frustrated and sad, and that is beautiful. (TS0, level 39, Hate This and I'll Love You)
  • I want to be something, before I die. (TS1, level 25, Sokoban Memory)
  • You've reached the secret room! Unfortunately, it has no purpose. (TS1, level 30, Pushy)
  • Well, that socket didn't do much, now did it? (TS1, level 38, Gimmick Isle)
  • Kraken sure is useful. (TS1, level 39, Release the Kraken)
  • Smile! The Illuminati are watching you! (TS2, level 3, The Illuminati)
  • I purposely misspelled "Block". (TCCLP, level 5, Blokdance I)
  • Dear Chip, I'm sorry I went crazy with chips. Melinda (TCCLP, level 6, Crazy With Chips and Monsters)
  • OF DEATH! Mwuhahahaha hahahahaha haha! (TCCLP, level 15, Merry-Go-Round)
  • GHAtyrYaeRTqeaFRGtewerGTgeqrgeD321$#!@#$FSYrgjhkVGbDg^@$%^%$tYgv z (TCCLP, level 33, Debug File II)
  • This level isn't really symmetrical. Duh! (TCCLP, level 39, Symmetrophobia)
  • Do NOT go in the teleporters. You can if you want to though. (TCCLP, level 56, Run!!!)
  • Please, do not get mad and destroy your computer. (TCCLP, level 88, Trapped II)
  • gghvc8gtiy><:Ueyuet&$O(%^#:":"DbgjhjhdJHGHJHGLYUTVBM (TCCLP, level 107, World War I)
  • The hint is here just because I want you to start over. (TCCLP, level 118, Zoo II)
  • I tried to copy the real "Morton" but I messed up. I didn't feel like redoing it. (TCCLP, level 148, Invisible Morton)
  • Welcome to part two of chip's challenge. I just wanted to keep on adding levels. (TCCLP, level 151, Little Tricky Key Puzzle)
  • Dreaming of CC and not something else is pretty sad, but anyway, this is what I remember me dreaming once. (TCCLP, level 173, My Strange Dream)
  • Use correct timing. I also ment to not use a "C" (TCCLP, level 176, Blockdance II)
  • Ummm... I can't think of a good hint. (TCCLP, level 222, Chip Wars Level 222: Attack of the Walker Clones)
  • They're just force floors, you can trust them. (TCCLP, level 292, Oh, Blocks)
  • Chip's twin sure is mean. (TCCLP, level 303, Chip's Evil Twin)
  • Blah. (TCCLP, level 312, A Simple Level)
  • 110 spaces in 5 seconds! That's impossible, unless Chip uses steroids. (TCCLP, level 312, Chip On Steroids)
  • Mmmmmm... (TCCLP, level 337, Tacoban)
  • NOTE: This level is unorginal and may cause rare but serious side effects like dissiness, nausea, or high blood pressure. (TCCLP, level 341, Gravitational Force)
  • You kids like jazz? (TCCLP2, level 12, SOKOBAN MEMORY)
  • I'm a magician, Spencer, a furious magician. (TCCLP2, level 17, GOODS)
  • Let's start this level set off with a sokoban puzzle... YEAH! (TCCLPpgchip, level 1, Fusion)
  • This level is stupid. (TCCLPRejects, level 18, Fireball)
  • This level is also stupid. (TCCLPRejects, level 19, Repetitive Behavior)
  • RIP
    JOHN A. FIREBALL
    MAY 31 1932 - AUGUST 7, 2009
    BELOVED HUSBAND AND FATHER (TCCLPRejects, level 22, Killing Creatures That Are Already Dead)
  • And don't kill yourself. (TCCLPRejects, level 48, Click)
  • THAT'S DODGING... RIGHT AT THE END OF THE LEVEL! DIRTY. 1 STAR LEVEL! (TCCLPRejects, level 57, Totally Inappropriate: A BigOto2 Tribute)
  • fak u (TCCLPRejects, level 74, josh is my bbygurl Heart)
  • And you invited your teeth friends because you're such a sadistic asshole. (TCCLPRejects, level 76, Blobs Are the Worst Creatures So Let's Humiliate One)
  • COLLECT CHIPS TO GET PAST THE CHIP SOCKET. USE KEYS TO OPEN DOORS. (TCCLPRejects, level 77, Lesson 1 If It Were in World 4 of Super Mario Bros. 3)
  • The second worst level I've ever made. (TCCLPRejects, level 86, Thanks Teeth for Not Moving When I Ask You To)
  • One day I will stop making multiple tank glitch levels, but Satan must instruct me to do so. (TCCLPRejects, level 87, Satan Is My Only True Friend)
  • brb quitting level designing. (TCCLPRejects, level 91, Stupid Level Edit #295301)
  • This level blows so much that there isn't even a hint tile. (TCCLPRejects, level 93, Yeah)
  • Um why are you reading this (TCCLPRejects, level 106, Button Mashing 101)
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
  • That's not really the exit. You aren't really Chip McCallahan. This is all a dream. (TS0, level 34, Repugnant Nonsense) Hilarious!
  • The mall is expensive, but you have to impress Melinda! Steal everything from the mall then hide in the maintenence room. (TS0, level 35, Rob the Mall) A great level idea.
  • Dear Chip, I'm sorry I went crazy with chips. Melinda (TCCLP, level 6, Crazy With Chips and Monsters) Are you sorry you went crazy with monsters?
  • Do NOT go in the teleporters. You can if you want to though. (TCCLP, level 56, Run!!!) Of course. You can also stall after opening the yellow lock in Bloblake.
  • I tried to copy the real "Morton" but I messed up. I didn't feel like redoing it. (TCCLP, level 148, Invisible Morton) I presume you didn't know about the "copy level" function in ChipEdit?
  • Welcome to part two of chip's challenge. I just wanted to keep on adding levels. (TCCLP, level 151, Little Tricky Key Puzzle) Shouldn't that have been for level 150?
  • Dreaming of CC and not something else is pretty sad, but anyway, this is what I remember me dreaming once. (TCCLP, level 173, My Strange Dream) I also dreamed of a level once. It contained lots of water, ice slides with no corners and a teeth that must not drown.
  • NOTE: This level is unorginal and may cause rare but serious side effects like dissiness, nausea, or high blood pressure. (TCCLP, level 341, Gravitational Force) AAAAAAAAAAAAA!
  • This level is stupid. (TCCLPRejects, level 18, Fireball) And there is no hint.
  • RIP
  • JOHN A. FIREBALLMAY 31 1932 - AUGUST 7, 2009

BELOVED HUSBAND AND FATHER (TCCLPRejects, level 22, Killing Creatures That Are Already Dead) Really funny.

• And you invited your teeth friends because you're such a sadistic asshole. (TCCLPRejects, level 76, Blobs Are the Worst Creatures So Let's Humiliate One) Oh. I didn't know Chip liked teeth.
  • COLLECT CHIPS TO GET PAST THE CHIP SOCKET. USE KEYS TO OPEN DOORS. (TCCLPRejects, level 77, Lesson 1 If It Were in World 4 of Super Mario Bros. 3) I already knew that.
  • The second worst level I've ever made. (TCCLPRejects, level 86, Thanks Teeth for Not Moving When I Ask You To) What is the absolute worst level?
  • One day I will stop making multiple tank glitch levels, but Satan must instruct me to do so. (TCCLPRejects, level 87, Satan Is My Only True Friend) I guess he instructed you to, because you stopped.
Another one I liked, from TCCLP, was something like this: "Dear Chip, sorry about all the ice. I didn't take the time to melt it. Melinda"
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:
  • I tried to copy the real "Morton" but I messed up. I didn't feel like redoing it. (TCCLP, level 148, Invisible Morton) I presume you didn't know about the "copy level" function in ChipEdit?
  • The second worst level I've ever made. (TCCLPRejects, level 86, Thanks Teeth for Not Moving When I Ask You To) What is the absolute worst level?

I didn't know about the copy feature back then. And my "worst" level is "My Levels Keep On Getting Worse and Worse".
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Here are the ones from my sets.

"what!? You expected an exit down here?" Ultimate Chip #20

"You have been kidnapped and placed below deck. Your attackers Are coming at you. You must collect the 40 keys to get the flippers to collect the sunken fire boots. With the fire boots you can teleport to the sky to escape!" Ultimate Chip #88 (what was I thinking here...)

"BOMBS!!! EVIL!!! DESTROY THEM!!!" Ultimate Chip #129 (Mega Bomb, which I dislike slightly less with a route since 5 minutes is somewhat reasonable...)

"Welcome to the bonus. There is one exit. You need the suction shoes. Good luck getting any though!" Ultimate Chip #150

"And so close again. Good luck with the bold time." Ultimate Chip 2 #7, because 16 random force floors before the exit of a long level.

"As *puts on sunglasses* demolition workers" Ultimate Chip 2 #21, because horrible pun that almost doesn't make sense.

"So you needed to look in an editor to hack this chip? It's really not that complex, just redirect the fireball." Ultimate Chip 2 #29. No hint tile in the level, so it's a jab at editor players...even though that's how I've been playing levels lately Tongue

"You didn't seriously think it would be THAT easy, did you?" Ultimate Chip 2 #31. Only visible if you press left twice immediately, trapping yourself. Oh, blue wall mazes and obvious traps at the start that /could/ lead to the exit.

"The traps are open already. Since you came up here, you cooked the level, maybe. I wonder where the teleporter leads?" Ultimate Chip 2 #47. I was still in my evil traps phase of design, so if you get very lucky you can make it to so many exits surrounded by fire, but none of them are reachable...and then you get to a pair of fireboots, but you die by fireball due to an invisible wall in the way.

"It's amazing how far cloning technology has come." Ultimate Chip 2 #96. Snarky comment after your pet blob dies.

"This spot would be too obvious!" Ultimate Chip 2 #135. Reference to Special, because I like doing that.

"This level will teach you everything you need to know, implicitly! Arrow keys to move, get to the blue square. Go." Ultimate Chip 3 #1, because tutorial.

"This spot would be too obvious!" Ultimate Chip 3 #29. Reference to Special, again, because I like doing that.

"You are standing on a hint tile." and "You are not standing on an exit tile.", from UC3 #31 and #80.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Every hint I've ever written has no point.
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
"You must finish second to win the level." BHLS1 Level 67 (Racetrack) - because it's not even true. I was apparently so dumb back then.

"Did you actually think you had the time to read this?" BHLS1 Level 111 (Quickstep) - Yeah, one of those hints that kills you if you read it.

"A cruel level again, I know... But what did you expect for the end of a level set?" BHLS1 Level 136 (Try Again) - This hint explains BHLS1.

"It's not THAT bad, I beat it on my first try..." BHLS2 Level 17 (Luck Sokoban) - Dumb hint for a dumb level

"It's not actually that hard. Just get the 50/50 right. >.>" BHLS2 Level 18 (The Happy Face of Death) - The face gives the answer to the 50/50 away

"I know, it's kind of an abrupt ending. I had no ideas at all for what to do. In fact, the level isn't very good right now." BHLS2 Level 33 (Abrupt) - This describes most of BHLS2.

"You just taught your old frog how to let you Partial Post. So Yes, you can teach an old frog new tricks." BHLS2 Level 38 (Set Up) - My YCTaOFNT ripoff

"Just like Triple Maze, but NOT!!!!!!!" BHLS2 Level 42 (Quadruple Maze) - My Triple Maze ripoff

"This level is unfinished, so I will be adding stuff on throughout updates." BHLS2 Level 58 (Progress) - Yeah I gave up on this level.

"If this level doesn't make you hate block checkerboards, then I don't know what will!" BHLS2 Level 65 (Wreckerboards) - Purposely made this level stupid

"Get out of this messed up amusement park! Oh wait... You just died." Temporarily BHLS3 Level 13 (Abusement Park) - Yet Another Yet Another Death Hint
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I thought I was funny when I wrote the hint "Hint: Hint"
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
  • Remember the level, Problems? ~JoshL1 #59 (Quickster II)

• Mash the A and B buttons before the battery dies! ~JoshL2 #34 (Gameboy)

• No insults were intended. ~JoshL2 #35 (Guidance for Dummies)

• This spot would be way too obvious! ~JoshL2 #42 (Block World) (and obviously from CC1)

• Don't you wish this game was sold for the Nintendo DS? ~JoshL2 #72 (Chip's Challenge DS)

• Most of these are just extras. I know I'm a nice guy Smiley~JoshL2 #85 (Abandoned Warehouse)

• "Frog's Club" Only frogs are allowed. Others will be tortured by frogs for all eternity... ~JoshL2 #90 (Guidance for Intermediates)

• "You are the worst friend ever..." <em><strong>~JoshL2 #97 (Friendly Bug)</strong></em>

• In this level, you will be experience slide delay hell. (MS) ~JoshL2 #102 (The Nature of Ice)

• WELCOME TO THE ISLAND OF POINTLESS HINTS!!!!!! ~JoshL2 #112 (Ocean Currents)

• These exits...they mock you. (stupid level idea FTW) ~JoshL2 #118 (Mocking)

• You might wanna look in the editor to solve this level Thumbs up~JoshL2 #125 (Breaking the Walls)

• Make sure the toggle and tanks switch perfectly. If you don't, it could result in DEATH. ~JoshL2 #130 (Power Cable)

• Just a fair warning: I am not responsible for any BBQrages that may occur while playing this level. ~JoshL2 #132 (Speed Demon)

• I approve of your excellent guiding skills! ~JoshL2 #133 (Guidance for Experts)

• This is an epic concept, however, it does involve lucky timing. Sorry. ~JoshL2 #138 (Trampoline)

• Oh my god I am going to die! (what a helpful hint LOL) ~JoshL2 #139 (Glider Kingdom)

• The power went out in the middle of the Super Bowl! Go out and collect the chips the players dropped! ~JoshL3 #19 (Super Bowl Blackout)

• Fun Fact: I don't like the food but the level name suited perfectly. ~JoshL3 #68 (Broccoli Casserole)

• ''Fire mazes are pretty overused concepts'' - said no player ever. ~JoshL4 #10 (Light This Maze On Fire)

• Oh look a time limit! ~JoshL5 #14 (Manic Miner)

• If you're reading this, then you've successfully escaped the emerald and you're about to run out of time. ~JoshL5 #15 (Stuck in Emerald)

• Much Cheating, Stop Looking Plz, Wow ~JoshL5 #18 (Such Sokoban, Many Questions)

• This level is decicated to our lord and savior Michael. (sun) ~JoshL5 #22 (Australia Remix)

• Sorry to break this to you, but you just cooked the level. Good job finding this hint though! ~JoshL5 #64 (Following the River in My Dreams)

• Such Cheating, Stop Looking Again Plz, Many Hint Tiles, Wow ~JoshL5 #72 (Much Sequel, Very Creative)

• Sometimes there will be hints that just won't help you. Luckily this one was right at the beginning. Slight smile~JCCLP #20 (Traveler)

• Hahahaha! You fell for my trap!! Next time, don't be in such a hurry to get all of the keys Tongue~JCCLP #28 (Out of Order)

• You wasted a block just so I can laugh at you! Mwahahahaha!!! ~JCCLP #81 (Ocean Currents)

• You do need all the keys, however, only 10 are needed for the first run. Sorry for all the backtracking by the way. Slight frown~JCCLP #82 (Force Your Way)

• Hello there mister. What brings you to my trap this time? We've talked about this before you know. Get the key instead. ~JCCLP #85 (Ice Block Station)

• Yes you have to deal with the walkers. Lucky for you, there's a few waterholes here! ~JCCLP #87/CCLP1 #96 (Going Underground)

• You just keep falling for my traps. Perhaps revenge will be yours someday. Mwahahaha!!! ~JCCLP #105 (Infestation)

• You spin my head, round baby right now when your going down, when you're going downtown! (Genius hint) ~JCCLP #125 (Spin Cycle)

• Hint: Welcome to the acid filled set called JCCLPRejects. Have fun I guess lol Slight smile (: :tniH ~JCCLPRejects #1 (Acid Test)

• There is nothing to see here. ~JCCLPRejects #3 (Mechanism)

• Isn't it pretty awesome how they freeze like that? It's obviously only in MS. ~JCCLPRejects #7 (Freezing Paramecium)

• Someone told me this level could be more challenging. You should go tell him thank you. Wink~JCCLPRejects #28 (The Grass is NOT Greener on the Other Side)

• AT LEAST ITS NOT CONSTANT BLOCK PUSHING! ~JCCLPRejects #30 (Tutti-Frutti: Insanity Mode)

• I used to not make level edits, but then I took an arrow to the knee. wat ~JCCLPRejects #32 (The Real Crystal Lattice)

• This was meant to surve as a possible replacement for a Lynx version of CCLP2, however, it will never be released. ~JCCLPRejects #35 (Fireball and Water)

• I made this level for Halloween 2012. Watch out for ghosts, spiders, and angry house owners who will eat you! ~JCCLPRejects #36 (Halloween)

• Meow :3 ~JCCLPRejects #49 (Walk the Kitty)

• Why do I always start a level set with some kind of symmetric pattern? ~JCCLPRejects #51 (Ultraviolet)

• Your argument about the title is invalid. ~JCCLPRejects #62 (Level of a Level)

• Your typical average linear level here. Nothing special, though that force floor room is pretty cool. ~JCCLPRejects #82 (Lineary)

• Credit is given to you for reaching this hint. Die. ~JCCLPRejects #84 (The Strangler)

• Boo!! One star exit placement!! ~JCCLPRejects #94 (Shenanigan Race 2000)

• Congratulations! You found this special room, however, it means you screwed the level sadly. ~JCCLPRejects #114 (Dark Vanilla)

• Admit it, you would totally wear one. ~JCCLPRejects #116 (Bunny Tuxedo)

• Paint me a smile. I am covered and colored with one, only one. Cause, baby, I'm alone, alone without you. What am I supposed to do? ~JCCLPRejects #129 (Make My World the Color of Blue)

• This used to be the exit. Now it's not. ~JCCLPRejects #130 (Downfall)

• Yeah this level suffered from TCCLPRejects. ~JCCLPRejects #137 (Hi)

• Yep, this one did too. ~JCCLPRejects #138 (In the Dark)

• Zane is life. ~JCCLPRejects #142 (A Message to Someone Who Can't Spell "Icy" Right)

And that's pretty much it for me Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I might as well write my most funny ones :

"There's nothing more on this tile than on the tiles next to you..." (Rock-Alpha #10 : Cakewalk)

"Here's your objective: Blah blah blah leave the factory." (Rock-Beta #2 : Factory)

"You have found the secret message. Congratulations!" (Rock-Beta #5 : Barbecue Peanuts)

"Hint: Hint" (Rock-Beta #13 : Milliardaire)

But my ultimate favourite one is :

"Translate anything initially not ice or water from SGA." (CCLP2 #8 : Use the Fish)
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow