March 2014 Create Competition - Tiny Template
I never meant for there to be such a long wait. I don't want to release the levels before there is a clear plan on how they will be judged. I can't just release them, and then someone volunteers after hearing how people have reacted to the levels, as this would influence the judging. I haven't judged the competition myself yet, as CCLP1 came out right before this competition closed. I had planned on judging it before that release, so even if you are bummed about this waiting, perhaps getting your hands on CCLP1 a bit early compensates.

If nothing else happens, I plan on judging these levels after I have a rough optimization of CCLP1 in MS. I currently have about 40 levels left. This might take another month or so. If there is a new competition that starts (both Josh and Tom have talked about ones earlier), I do intend to post these results before any other competitions end and certainly before they are judged.

In the meantimewhile, if you want something else to do besides CCLP1 or waiting for these results, why not try creating a level for a Time Trial or Treasure Hunt and submitting that to me for use for a June or July competition?

Glider Glider Glider Glider Glider Glider Glider
Quote:I never meant for there to be such a long wait. I don't want to release the levels before there is a clear plan on how they will be judged. I can't just release them, and then someone volunteers after hearing how people have reacted to the levels, as this would influence the judging. I haven't judged the competition myself yet, as CCLP1 came out right before this competition closed. I had planned on judging it before that release, so even if you are bummed about this waiting, perhaps getting your hands on CCLP1 a bit early compensates.

If nothing else happens, I plan on judging these levels after I have a rough optimization of CCLP1 in MS. I currently have about 40 levels left. This might take another month or so. If there is a new competition that starts (both Josh and Tom have talked about ones earlier), I do intend to post these results before any other competitions end and certainly before they are judged.

In the meantimewhile, if you want something else to do besides CCLP1 or waiting for these results, why not try creating a level for a Time Trial or Treasure Hunt and submitting that to me for use for a June or July competition?

Glider Glider Glider Glider Glider Glider Glider

I'm not sure if I can agree with CCLP1 being more important in this sense, especially since you asked us if you should release the levels for this competition before and majority of people said yes to that. I don't find this to be that fair but I can't do anything about it so I guess we'll have to wait. In my honest opinion, optimizing CCLP1 could wait...

As for other competitions like I already stated in a Skype chat, I won't host another create competition until this one is judged. What Tom decides to do is up to him.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Clearly, the best course of action is to turn Extreme Hold Right Adventure into a Time Trial level.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Hello there :-) Ready for some results? I'll cut to the chase:

1st place (15
pts)

jblewis - Unlock Block

2nd place (12
pts)
Syzygy - Chip's New Goggles
& Syzygy's Second Entry

3rd place, tied (8
pts each)
Ihavenoname248 - Saturation

lookatthis - Simplicity Itself

Flareon350 - Compressed Funhouse

6th place, tied (5
pts each)
eric119 - Thanks for Rewinding

Jupey95 - Be Quick About It

PB_Guy - Simple Simon
& Going to the Fair

9th place, tied (3
pts each)
Minus3K2 - Super
& Ballroom

chipster1059 - Invisible Surprise
& Trap the exit...

11th place, tied (1
pt each)
BlazingApollo - Pulling Out The Wisdom Teeth

M11k4 - Slot Machine

I spent over an hour writing reasoning for this ranking, but lost it due to being in a hurry and accidentally going backwards in my browser. I'll get back to that, but for now you can play the levels yourself from here.

Thanks to all the participants! Hope to see you again, like in the new July Create Competition!

-Miika
Guess I couldn't make it 3 wins in a row. Oh well, good job J.B. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Congratulations JB!
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Wow, I really wasn't expecting to win this one. I'm not going to lie - out of all the levels I've created for these competitions over the past year, this was probably the one with the least amount of effort put into it. Tongue
Wow, 3rd again...can't really complain about that. I'll win one of these eventually Tongue

edit: Played the levels, definitely agree with most of the placements-J.B.'s was definitely my favorite as well. Not sure what put Syzygy's goggles 2nd since I don't see how it's that great of a level, but I suppose a simpler level would be a breath of fresh air. I see why Slot Machine was at the bottom as well, even if I really did enjoy it-shame about the 50/50 blind timing and the gliders not always cooperating.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter