Poll: Which of the following do you use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
CHIPS.EXE
17.65%
9 17.65%
Tile World
23.53%
12 23.53%
Tile World 2
39.22%
20 39.22%
More than one
19.61%
10 19.61%
I am so special I have an Atari Lynx with Chip's Challenge
0%
0 0%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

CHIPS.EXE, Tile World, or Tile World 2?
So, which do you use to chip?

I use mostly CHIPS.EXE (although it is less fluent on Windows 7).

For everything that is non-competitive level playing for fun, modifying, and level playtesting and other things.

However, when I want to keep a .TWS for whatever reason, I use tile world.

And as for Tile World 2, I don't use it, because, well, I haven't tried it yet Tongue .
Glider
First chipster ever reported to fill ON THE ROCKS with blocks.

HASHLEVELS.dat (49 CC1 levels)
I've gotten away with using MSCC (which I'm guessing that's what you're referring to with CHIPS.EXE) for the longest time but now I've been permanently stuck with Tile World 2.

I like Tile World 2 and all, but there are some things I wish wouldn't exist when playing levelsets, my biggest complaint would be controlling Chip and/or blocks on force floors/ice due to the timing being slightly off. That and the lack of showing passwords.

I'm considering using Tile World 1 now, which to my knowledge, avoids the problem I described above. I already know for a fact passwords do show in that one. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I still use CHIPS.EXE in a Windows XP virtual machine (because, like almost everyone else, I have a 64 bit computer).

I use TW1 when playing sets in Lynx. I rarely use TWMS because I have CHIPS.EXE and because I think Chip looks like a robot.

I don't use TW2 because it doesn't work with CCEdit, because it takes too much memory to run, because it doesn't work in Linux, because I think the death messages are sometimes stupid and impossible to modify without getting the source code (and that is very hard to get) and because I don't like the interface.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Tile World 1 is basically the best of both worlds so it's the overall best IMO.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I use Tile World. If I am at school, though, I have CHIPS.EXE. By the way, I should really work on clearing some more levels. I used a password to pass that dang ice rink, so block factory is my current confusions.
Sewiouswy, Pom-Pom, whewe is that CCLP4 I so want?

~Chipwoodstock
Chip Win
Quote:I use Tile World. If I am at school, though, I have CHIPS.EXE. By the way, I should really work on clearing some more levels. I used a password to pass that dang ice rink, so block factory is my current confusions.
They have CHIPS.EXE at your school after all these years? Awesome! How old is that computer?
CC is awesome!

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

Quote:They have CHIPS.EXE at your school after all these years? Awesome! How old is that computer?

I am guessing his school uses 32-bit Windows XP OS as it's more likely than virtually running MSCC on a 64-bit through MS-DOS emulators. MSCC's small size (since it is 16-bit) makes it easy to simply transport files through external storage units such as hard drives but more typically USB. All he has to do is put all necessary components of the game onto a transportable device and then move it to said computer at his school and then play it.
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
I have a 32-bit Windows 7 computer so I am still using MSCC Tongue

But I also have TW1 and TW2 for Lynx playing/testing, and I briefly used it for MS level testing due to it being easy to check if a level solution still works...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Quote:I am guessing his school uses 32-bit Windows XP OS as it's more likely than virtually running MSCC on a 64-bit through MS-DOS emulators. MSCC's small size (since it is 16-bit) makes it easy to simply transport files through external storage units such as hard drives but more typically USB. All he has to do is put all necessary components of the game onto a transportable device and then move it to said computer at his school and then play it.
That makes sense. CHIPS.EXE is less than 500KB and the largest levelset, Jacques.dat, is less than 750kb.

Nice the school letting him play.
CC is awesome!

Quote:I still use CHIPS.EXE in a Windows XP virtual machine (because, like almost everyone else, I have a 64 bit computer).

I use TW1 when playing sets in Lynx. I rarely use TWMS because I have CHIPS.EXE and because I think Chip looks like a robot.

I don't use TW2 because it doesn't work with CCEdit, because it takes too much memory to run, because it doesn't work in Linux, because I think the death messages are sometimes stupid and impossible to modify without getting the source code (and that is very hard to get) and because I don't like the interface.

what he said + it's annoying that the command line has to come up when it runs. If I understand correctly every program has this but it is normally hidden.

I don't use the MS program anymore because I have a 64 bit computer. But I like tileworld better for one thing; the movement is easier. I remember how in MS if you hold down a key and let go, chip moves 1 extra move after letting go. So you have to get used to letting go of the key early. From what it sounds like when I listen to LPs a lot of you don't hold down the keys at all. That would make my fingers tired. Tongue Anyway, TW does not have this problem. I do miss the nostalgia of the MS version though.

I have a virtual box which I've used to play games like Marble Drop (anybody hear of that one?) but I wouldn't use it to play CC. Too much hassle when TW is easier.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski