Poll: CC1 or CC2?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Always CC1 (or almost always)
26.92%
7 26.92%
Always CC2 (or almost always)
7.69%
2 7.69%
Mostly CC1, sometimes CC2
46.15%
12 46.15%
Mostly CC2, sometimes CC1
11.54%
3 11.54%
Both CC1 and CC2 equally
7.69%
2 7.69%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which CC game do you play?
Which Chip's Challenge game of the Chip's Challenge saga do you play the most? Now that Chip's Challenge 2 has been out for some time, I was wondering if there are users out there who have completely left Chip's Challenge since the release of the sequel, users that still play Chip's Challenge every once in a while, or users that still play the first Chip's Challenge most of the time.

As for me, I knew about Steam before Chip's Challenge 2 came out, never had it though, and am in no rush to get it, but I might consider getting it so I can get my hands on CC2.

So even though lately I haven't been chipping much at all, everytime I have, it was with CC1 (or Tile World).
Glider
First chipster ever reported to fill ON THE ROCKS with blocks.

HASHLEVELS.dat (49 CC1 levels)
In general, I find CC1 more fun to play than CC2. So even though the majority of my level designing is in CC2 at the moment, the idiosyncrasies are much more annoying than those of CC1. Also, CC1 optimizing, especially in MS, is too much fun for me. There's also a lot more levels for CC1, including some that are still coming out...

Both games are excellent, however. I just prefer what I'm used to, for reasons beyond just that I'm used to it.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
I mostly play CC1, CC2 I've only played once in its entirety. Said this before I find CC2 to be a magnificent sequel to a game that was released onto the Microsoft WEP. Don't get me wrong just cause I play more of CC1 doesn't mean I don't like CC2, I am just more accustomed to CC1. I've been interested into playing some CC2 sets for an addition to the puzzle experience.

Despite CC2 being a long awaited sequel, I feel that CC1 still since the CC1 design still overpowers the CC2 creations.

As always, if comes an idea for an official or custom pack of either CC1 or CC2, I will be looking forward to it.
I enjoy both games, and would really like to encourage more development in the CC2 ruleset, which is why I've set out to build an editor that works for both games!

I was in no rush to get Steam either, but it was worth it for CC2. Slight smile
Mostly CC1, sometimes CC2 - but I would definitely play CC2 more if there were an option to buy it completely separate from Steam, even at a much higher price. It's ridiculous that the bloatware that is Steam needs to be installed to play a game from the late 90s...
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
I haven't played anything in CC2 other than the official set - I wish I had more time to spend on it, and as such I barely squeaked through it and probably forget what half the new tiles do Tongue. So it has been easier for me to play CC1 when I do get playing time...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I voted "mostly CC1, sometimes CC2". There aren't that many CC2 levels available; I wish there were more Slight frown

Although, like Jeffrey, I mostly design CC2 levels these days. The only CC1 levels I have designed recently are for the create competition, and they will be ported to CC2 afterwards.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
CC2.

After playing CC with smooth animation and all the new game elements it's hard for me to go back to the classic CC1 now
CC1 MS optimizing gives me the most fun that I have playing this game, so that.
Despite not really ever playing CC2, I picked mostly CC1, sometimes CC2.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't hate CC2. I think it has great potential in a lot of ways, but I'm a firm believer the main game did not do justice to the new elements and lacked in a lot of ways.

I've primarily stuck with CC1 for design projects because it's admittedly easier and far less complex than CC2 design is IMO. However, once my CC1 design project is finished, I will move onto CC2 designing sparingly.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon