January 2016 Create Competition - Palettes
With the unofficial deadline for the last of the 2015 competitions having passed, why let the competitions stop? I've been tuning this idea for a couple months, so this should be a fairly interesting create.

Your job is to create a series of levels using a limited selection of tiles. There are 4 'palettes' in the levelset linked at the bottom of this post. The ranking for the competition will be done as follows:

<ul class="bbc bbcol decimal">
[*]Each palette will be ranked separately, as with most creates
[*]Then, points will be assigned to each level in the same pattern as Chip Cup points (15/12/10/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1....).
[*]Then, for each person the three highest point values will be added together, and these results will be used for the final ranking.
</ul>
What this means is that you may enter the competition even if you do not have a level for all four palettes. Additionally, don't stress if you can't come up with a good idea for one palette as it won't count against your final result.

Notes:

-Submissions are open until February 6th 13th, 2016*
! I will accept submissions until I release the submitted levels, judging will be done shortly after.
-The level must be new; it must not have been released earlier. This shouldn't be too much of a problem given the restriction.
-The levels must be solvable in MS, Lynx or both. If a level is found to be unsolvable, I will allow an update to make it solvable.
-Please give the level a cool name, and new password.
-You may submit more than one entry, but please keep the levels distinct from each other. Only the best level for each palette will be judged (though I will probably give feedback on all of them), and please keep the overall levels submitted count lower than 8 (2 per palette)
-Entrants receive the normal prizes: the "You're Winner!"-award, Chip Cup points, and "Tool Box"-award for first time entrants.
-Please ask about other unclear situations or wacky things you come up with.

Email and attach your submissions to jbardonjr at charter dot net
. I will reply with a confirmation that I have received your entry as soon as I can (this should be within 72 hours of the message being sent). I prefer if you use your username and this competition in the subject. Keep it short and simple, something like: "January Create - I am a person"

Levelset containing the palettes: http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/527-january-2016-create-palettes/
Allowed tiles: In picture format and text format below

<ul class="bbc bbcol decimal">
[*]Chip, wall, hint, chip, socket, exit, thin walls, blue walls, hidden wall, invisible wall, recessed wall, teleport, directional force floors, toggle button and walls, tank button and tanks, all four keys and locks
[*]Chip, chip, socket, exit, recessed wall, dirt, gravel, fire, water, bomb, fire boots, flippers, thief, clone button and machine, trap and trap button, fireballs, gliders, walkers, pink balls, blue and red keys and locks
[*]Chip, hint, chip, socket, exit, block, thin walls, dirt, gravel, ice and ice corners, all force floors, bomb, skates, suction boots, thief, teeth, blobs, green key and lock
[*]Chip, hint, wall, exit, block, block cloners, fire, water, ice, bomb, flippers, skates, teleport, clone button and machine, toggle button and walls, tank button and tanks, trap and trap button, pink balls, bugs, paramecia, fireballs, gliders, yellow key and lock
</ul>
If enough people want the submission deadline to be extended, I am open to doing so. (and have extended the deadline by an extra week)
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Can I submit the same level for 2 palettes and get points for it in each?

I mean: suppose I create an awesome level with just toggle stuff, tank stuff and yellow stuff.
Would that be given points for both palettes 1 and 4?

- Madhav.
I hadn't considered that as an option but if the same level fits multiple palettes, then I'm completely alright with it.
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Just a quick question - Say I make a level of palette 2, but don't use every tile I'm allowed to use. Will there be any deduction of points if we use few tiles in any given palette? I'm sure it's fine but it doesn't hurt to ask Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
You are correct that there will be no deductions of points for using more or less tiles from a given palette.

The majority of the final ranking of levels will be mostly based on how enjoyable I find the levels, though creative ideas will also come into play.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

E-mailed my entry! This was quite challenging but I had a lot of fun designing levels with limited tiles Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
So instead of editing the announcement video for the Dec create, I ended up working on making levels for this competition last weekend. (So don't blame me, blame Jeff. And if you didn't already see them, go check out the submissions in the recent uploads.) I currently have three levels made from palettes, one of which I don't think is anything spectacular. Looking at my schedule for this week and next, I feel I would benefit from an extended deadline to make one more level and perhaps revisit the ones I already have. Does anyone else feel the same way? (Plus, I might get the results video out sooner too!)
I feel this way.
Queen
How much additional time do you think you would need? I had set the deadline to fairly early in February to give a little longer than usual, but still not have the competition overlap with any February competitions (by too much).

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Miika sent me an e-mail that even an extra week would be helpful. Would that be enough for you too, RB3ProKeys?

IHNN1 | IHNN2