JoshL5
Anyway double posting because life.

I fixed all the problems you told me about except these two:

Quote:29: Shattered Ice Temple - [18,9] doesn't need to be unlocked, and therefore [11,11] and [28,20] don't either.

73: Notice Me Senpai - Not all of the things are needed. However, i don't know if that is intended or not, so explaining further may lead to spoilers.

29 - I see how you don't need to be unlock the blue lock at 18,9 but the other two I don't, especially the one at 11,11. How did you manage to get past that? Nevermind I see now.

73 - This information doesn't really help me out here. What things are you talking about?
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:73 - This information doesn't really help me out here. What things are you talking about?

I mean the itemswapper elements. For example,

[Click to Show Content]

Quote:If you're tired then don't even bother reporting any problems then. That really doesn't make any sense that you'll go out of your way to find all these busts and problems (most of which you've reported go beyond the intended solution) with some levels, but won't properly explain said problems.

I'm hardly even going out of my way to find these things: most of these i happen to come across while searching for the intended solution. And i "bother" finding these problems the same way i "bother" playing this set in the first place. Finding busts is fun. Putting every detail of it into words is not. The descriptions i've already given that are pretty lengthy are lengthy either because i don't know of a shorter way to state them or because you requested for bigger hints.

Quote:I'll say it again for the third time now. A good 75% of the problems that have been reported weren't explained enough for me to fix.

This is exactly why i think that. Too many times you say something "wasn't explained enough" and i guarantee you these busts are not that complicated.

Lookatthis knows what was intended of #49 just as much as you do, if not more so. If he can find the bust, so can you.

Quote:Even so, a proper fix wasn't even suggested for none of the problems you reported. If you at least did that, we wouldn't be having this situation. So I suggest before you or anyone else reports any further problems to me, please suggest a fix if you know of one.

I generally do not suggest fixes because i expect the level designer to be more capable of fixing the issues than i am. Again, i don't always know what the intended solution is, let alone be able to suggest anything. And for the record, i did give suggestions for some of the levels.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:I'm hardly even going out of my way to find these things: most of these i happen to come across while searching for the intended solution. And i "bother" finding these problems the same way i "bother" playing this set in the first place. Finding busts is fun. Putting every detail of it into words is not. The descriptions i've already given that are pretty lengthy are lengthy either because i don't know of a shorter way to state them or because you requested for bigger hints.

Would you really expect me to play all these levels to find the busts myself and waste hours doing so, or just tell me how you busted all these levels yourself to save time? The former seems to make more sense to me. If you don't want to play the set, you don't have to. No one is forcing you to play it. In my opinion if you find a bust or a solution that isn't intended to happen (and to a further extent, you know it's not the intended solution), you should be willing to report it in full detail. If you're not willing to do that, you shouldn't be willing to report the problem. I do appreciate all the problems you've reported to me because I'm pretty certain no one else would have, so don't get the wrong idea from me. I'm basically just saying just because you found the problem and executed it doesn't imply that I will, just because I created the set.

Quote:This is exactly why i think that. Too many times you say something "wasn't explained enough" and i guarantee you these busts are not that complicated.

Really? That major bust you reported for level 59 seemed pretty complicated to me, and that would be the ideal example of where I'm getting at.

Quote:Lookatthis knows what was intended of #49 just as much as you do, if not more so. If he can find the bust, so can you.

Level 49 was a collab between lookatthis and myself. I made the wall configuration, while lookatthis made the actual level itself. Of course he would know about that bust because he made it himself. On top of that, you only stated there were only two extra yellow keys, not the fact a bomb can be destroyed. Even though lookatthis later came in and told me about that, that is another good example of not explaining things clearly to me.

Quote:I generally do not suggest fixes because i expect the level designer to be more capable of fixing the issues than i am. Again, i don't always know what the intended solution is, let alone be able to suggest anything.

That's the whole point of being suggested. I'm asking for your opinion on how you would fix the problem yourself. I don't necessarily need to accept your opinion, but I'm throwing that option to you if you want to take advantage of it. If you don't want to then I understand.

Quote:And for the record, i did give suggestions for some of the levels.

My apologies. You made a suggestion for level 55 that I didn't see.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Note: this idea is not intended to serve as a contradiction. If you suffer a condition, say abritary things to people in chatrooms, or simply live in California, we do not intend to harm you in anyway necessary:

Quote:Would you really expect me to play all these levels to find the busts myself and waste hours doing so, or just tell me how you busted all these levels yourself to save time?

It's so thoughful that you would rather make others play your levels and make them waste hours playing through your set, instead of using your time for that matter. It's such a great characteristic from a great designer. Good job!

Quote:If you find a bust or a solution that isn't intended to happen (and to a further extent, you know it's not the intended solution), you should be willing to report it in full detail. If you're not willing to do that, you shouldn't be willing to report the problem.

It's a beautiful enlightenment to see such a strict degree of orders, so annoying, such dedication, wow. I can't even imagine the enjoyment someone would have to do to get this designer satisfied - I would be honored to do that everyday.

Quote:Of course he would know about that bust because he made it himself. On top of that, you only stated there were only two extra yellow keys, not the fact a bomb can be destroyed. Even though lookatthis later came in and told me about that, that is another good example of not explaining things clearly to me.

It warms my heart to see a complete understatement of what I said, it really does! I appreciate the fact that you think that I can find a bust with some need for assistance. I'm so thankful you think that.

-----------------------

Though, I must say, it sounds pretty depressing that you single yourself out like that. Plus, since you literally discussed that issue in one of your videos, as well as on Skype, it was certainly uncalled for and completely unnecessary. Perhaps the best way to end this mess is to completely ignore people who are reporting busts, just let them do what they feel like doing. Ok? Slight smile
Quote:Perhaps the best way to end this mess is to completely ignore people who are reporting busts, just let them do what they feel like doing. Ok? Slight smile

Ignore the people who are reporting busts so they can get back to what they were doing, which was reporting busts, so then ignore them again while they go back to what they were doing, which was reporting busts, so then ignore them again while they go back to what they were doing, which was reporting busts, so then.. zzzzz
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Alright this will be my last post on this subject and hopefully the last one overall.

Because this whole "bust" situation has gone completely out of hand, I have removed JoshL5 from CCZone until further notice. I'm tired of arguing with you guys (random 8 and lookatthis) about the point I've tried to make several times. I still stand by my point and even Zane and Michael agree with my reasonings. During the construction of the set, Michael offered to playtest every level I make for it. I didn't ask him to. In addition, I also played every level myself to double (and even sometimes triple) check for any busts or invalid solutions. Obviously we both missed quite a bit of them and I can understand that. All the times I stated that your guy's reports on busts weren't explained enough, this is what I meant - You guys failed to tell me how you busted the level, and only told me either somethings were extra or not needed, not how you avoided what was suppose to be done in a certain level. I understand that you don't know the intended solution to some levels but when you skip various sections, you should at least mention that to me and how you skipped it. Again, this was done for some levels but not all of them.

I removed the set from this site mainly because I'm done with this discussion. I will go over the set myself once again to make sure it is at least 99% perfect. I will reupload it once I hit 100 levels, since that was my initial goal to begin with.

In addition to this, I am also locking this thread for the time being so this situation can be over with. Until then, enjoy what you have of the set if you choose to keep it.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

JoshL5 has just been re-released at 100 levels! Never thought I'd meet this goal!

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/411-joshl5/

Each and every level has been tested and solved. Every level should be completely bust free. But if there are any, let me know. I'll do my best to find them.

Otherwise enjoy!
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Bust on Vertiginous Landscape (#87):

Use the block at (7, 18) to blow up the bomb at (8, 15), you can abuse ice to force floor boosting to cut across past the bomb at (11, 13) and then sidestep at (13, 8) to skip the last third of the level.

A fix for this would be replacing (13, 9) and (13, 10) with south force floors, or adding another fire below the exit.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:Bust on Vertiginous Landscape (#87):

Use the block at (7, 18) to blow up the bomb at (8, 15), you can abuse ice to force floor boosting to cut across past the bomb at (11, 13) and then sidestep at (13, 8) to skip the last third of the level.

A fix for this would be replacing (13, 9) and (13, 10) with south force floors, or adding another fire below the exit.

Awesome. Thank you for actually telling me how you performed that bust, I was able to spot it quicker this way.

Fixed by placing a bomb at 13, 10.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Quote:Awesome. Thank you for actually telling me how you performed that bust, I was able to spot it quicker this way.

Fixed by placing a bomb at 13, 10.

It would still be busted at 13, 10. Move the bomb up one tile to 13, 9 instead.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]