February 2015 Create Competition - Walls of CCLP2
Who's craving for a create competition? Let's find out...

Your task is to pick a level from CCLP2 and use its arrangement of walls to create a new level. You can pick any level from the range #1-#149, then delete anything you want except for any walls, and finally rebuild it into a new level. If you wish, you can also pick another prominent tile in the level and replace it with some other tile exactly.

This is the sequel competition to the one we had last year in February. It was a successful theme and this was even requested. As was the case last time, by 'walls' I specifically mean the normal wall tile, but you can choose to keep other walls intact too. You may add new walls, but I would rather you didn't. I will judge the submissions myself during of March 2015. For this kind of thing, I enjoy it most when the level highlights a different thing than the one it uses as a base. For example, if the wall arrangement was designed for dodging tanks and you find a way to use something else there in a natural way, I will like that. On the opposite side, if you pick a level with very few walls, I will not easily see much value in that (within this competition). I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Notes:

-Submissions are open as long as it is February 2015 where you live!

-Do not make a overly difficult level. A moderate difficulty is fine but then it would be nice if it wasn't too long.
-The level must be solvable, but does not need to work in both MS and Lynx. You may even use invalid tiles if you wish.
-The level must be new; it must not have been released earlier.
-Please give the level a new name, time limit and set a new password. Don't forget!

-You may submit more than one entry, but please keep the levels distinct from each other.
-Points will be deducted for late entries, but will be accepted until a notice is posted in this thread.

-Entrants receive the normal prizes: the "You're Winner!"-award, Chip Cup points, and "Tool Box"-award for first time entrants.
-Please ask about other unclear situations.

Email and attach your submissions to valeosote at hotmail dot com. I will strive to reply with a confirmation that I have received your entry.

I prefer if you use your username and this competition in the subject. Keep it short and simple, something like: "February Create - Melinda"

Everyone is welcome to join! Slight smile

-Miika
I assme the level must come from the original CCLP2 and not from the CCLXP2 Beta?
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Just submitted my entries!
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:I assme the level must come from the original CCLP2 and not from the CCLXP2 Beta?
Yes, this is the intention. If you had a good reason to do so, I could see myself accepting such an entry though.

The first submissions have arrived. I won't confirm who it is, but just saying that Josh is a level making machine!
Submitted! Let me know if you don't get it.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I love these sorts of competitions: and CCLP2 has more interesting wall patterns than CC1. Definitely looking forward to seeing which levels were chosen like last time: and maybe in a few months we can get one for CCLP3 levels Slight smile
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Do walls on the second layer have to stay on the second layer, or should they be brought to the first layer/deleted?
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I asked Miika that and he said to do what you chose with them-personally, I deleted invalid walls and left valid buried walls.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
For anyone still deciding which level(s) to use, here's a set with all 149 templates (from the MS version): http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/441-cclp2-walls-only-edition-ms/.

NOTE: I recommend that when you decide to use one, you should recreate the template from the original CCLP2 set, in case i made errors. The general appearance should be the same, but please let me know if you find out otherwise.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
I think I'll toss my hat in
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow